I had just finished my intro to Java programming midterm this week and felt like treating myself to a little something something :). I decided to make my famous banana chocolate almond muffins! This was recipe was planned perfectly because I haven’t had time to eat my bananas (busy studying at school) and they were just ripe enough to make this recipe.
These muffins are perfect for an on-the-go snack/breakfast, perfect for picnics at the park, or a perfect way to express your love to your loved ones <3. I promise you that whomever you chose to make these for will love you just a little bit more than before haha :P.
This recipe is a must try and if you do try out this recipe be sure to tag the picture with the hashtag #winnifercooks on Instagram so everyone can see. Happy cooking everyone! ❤
Vegan Banana Chocolate Almond Muffins
Author: Winnifer Huang
Recipe Type: Dessert, Vegan, Sweets
- 3 over ripe bananas
- 1/3 coconut oil (you can any neutral flavored baking oil)
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/8 cup of agave nectar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour (you can use any type of flour)
- 1 cup of all purpose flour (you can use any type of flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon (more if you like cinnamon!)
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 bar of vegan chocolate (or your favorite kind of chocolate)
- sliced almonds (any type of nut will do, walnuts/pecans/etc.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line 6-cup muffin tin with muffin liners.
- In large mixing bowl, mash up the ripe bananas with fork. Stir in oil, brown sugar, agave nectar, and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Stir just until blended.
- Scoop mixture into muffin tins and top off each muffin with a piece of chocolate and sliced almonds. .
- Bake for 20-22 minutes and they are ready to eat! 😀